You know that feeling you get when you first hear a really really good song for the very first time? I still get that when I hear “Hello” bye Adele. I know it’s too late to still feel that way. And I think I’ll always get that feeling when I hear it. At least, I hope so. How mainstream of me. Something about that feeling is underestimated or forgotten by most, and I always want to be able to remember that magic of a perfect new song.
These are my confessions:
- I used to save all the butterfingers in the candy bowl at my old job for my boss, even though everyone told me he was a sociopath. I wasn’t sure that he was a sociopath, but I think now I’m sure he was. Even crazy people deserve somebody who will save their favorite candies for them.
- My freshman year roommate, she slept on top of her covers so that it always looked like she made her bed even when she didn’t.
- I remember one of the first times we met, you were in my driveway with your mom; she was dropping off Christmas presents and you wanted to come up the driveway to visit. We were both still wet haired from swim practice.
- I don’t always have it together.
- Once I told a girl in 2nd grade to go to hell because she stole my favorite fuchsia marker and refused to admit it.That didn’t go over very well at a Christian school.
- I feel guilty before I go to bed if I haven’t folded my pants and put them in my pants drawer. I’ve been going to bed with my pants on the floor a lot lately.
- I put my fingerprint ID into my friend’s phone so that I can unlock it without knowing the passcode (against his will). He still doesn’t know.
- One of the feelings I love most in the world is the feeling that you get when you take the very first sip of coffee in the morning. A lot of times I take that feeling for granted.
- Lately I’ve been sleeping with so many pillows in my bed that I’m not sure how I fit in there
- I’m really not the best at giving people their clothes back if I borrow them or they leave them at my house.
- There is only one dog in the whole world that I would kick if it got near me; it lives downstairs and it’s the most vicious menace of a chihuahua and I’m pretty sure that it could kill me if given the chance. I think it has tried to kill me before. (common consensus: everyone who has met this dog wants to kick it).
- Please come home soon.